The start of the ITF Taekwon-Do EC is coming closer. The umpires and officials (Master Frank Vanberghen, Annick Van Driessche and Eddy Van Damme) are leaving on Tuesday April 26th to Tampere, Finland as they have to be present in time at the umpire meeting on April 27th. The coaches (Yves Pollefeyt and Bob Wigman), competitors and supporters will be arriving in Tampere on Wednesday, in time for the registration, weigh-in and coach meeting.
The competition is starting on Tuesday April 28th and will go on for 4 days, except for Friday afternoon as then the yearly AETF Congress Meeting, with elections of the board members, will take place.
- Andreea Musca : senior female tul III°degree & sparring -50kg
- Leen Walraeve : senior female tul I°degree & sparring -56kg
- Roeland Heirbaut : junior male tul I°degree & sparring -68kg & special techniques
All information on the European Championships : www.itfeurope.org
Saturday February 20th the national coaches announced the selection for the 2016 European Championships, in Tampere-Finland in April.
- Andreea Musca : tul female senior III°degree & sparring female senior -50kg
- Leen Walraeve : tul female senior I°degree & sparring female senior -56kg
- Roeland Heirbaut : tul male junior I°degree & sparring male junior -68kg
Yves Pollefeyt and Bob Wigman will be the belgian coaches.
Annick Van Driessche and Eddy Van Damme were selected by the T&U committee of the AETF as umpires.
Master Frank Vanberghen and Annick Van Driessche will represent ITF-Belgium at the Congress Meeting.
The draws for the upcoming EC were published : http://euro2015.pztkd.lublin.pl/. Follow the belgian athletes through this same link.
Also the schedule and the ring counsels are known. The team is leaving for Motherhill, Scotland on Tuesday October 20th. There will be registration that same day. A day later there’s the weigh-in and the umpire meeting. Andreea Musca, Alexia Pagalis & Roeland Heirbaut will be performing tul on Thursday.
The AETF Congress Meeting is on Friday afternoon.
Andreea and Erik Van Hoeck will be competing in sparring on Saturday.
The 2015 European Championships are coming closer. The EC, which will be held October 21st-25th in Motherhill, Scotland, is one of the biggest events of ITF Taekwon-Do within Europe. The national coaches announced their selection recently. Belgium will be represented by:
- Andreea Musca: senior tul female III°degree: senior sparring female -50kg
- Erik Van Hoeck: senior sparring male -70kg
- Alexia Pagalis: junior tul female I°degree
- Roeland Heirbaut: junior tul male I°degree
They will be accompagnied by the national coaches Yves Pollefeyt and Bob Wigman.
The AETF selected 2 Belgian umpires for this championship, Annick Van Driessche and Eddy Van Damme. Annick will also represent Belgium as official, together with Master Frank Vanberghen, e.g. on the AETF Congress Meeting.
Finally, the Belgian delegation will be accompagnied by Johan Heirbaut as supporter.