During the Belgian Championships on February 16th the last details on the selection of the national team 2020 were decided. Also a small change in the invitation made sure the selection for the EC in Bratislava, April 2020, was corrected.
The competitors that will represent Belgium during the European Championships;
- Andreea Musca: female senior tul IV°-VI° degree, sparring -50kg, pre-arranged free sparring, team tul, team power breaking
- Erik Van Hoeck: male senior sparring -78kg, team sparring
- Esther Meulemeester: female senior tul III° degree, sparring -75kg, power breaking, team tul, team power breaking
- Hans Van Lierde: male senior power breaking, team power breaking
- Laura Mouret: female senior tul II° degree, sparring -68kg, team tul, team power breaking
- Margaux Pollefeyt: female senior tul II° degree, power breaking
- Orchana De Corte: team tul
- Leen Walraeve: female senior tul I° degree, pre-arranged free sparring, team tul, team power breaking
- Corentin Besonhé: male senior sparring -78kg, team sparring
- Omar El Ferkhani: male senior sparring -63kg, team sparring, team power breaking
- Nicolas Taylor: male senior sparring -85kg, team sparring, team power breaking
- Juan Martinez: male senior tul I° degree, power breaking, team power breaking
- Yang Yang: male senior tul I° degree, sparring -85kg, team sparring, team power breaking
- Arthur Delhaye: male junior tul I° degree, sparring -68kg
- Tabitha Van Lierde: female junior tul I° degree, power breaking
- Jens Baetselier: male junior tul I° degree, sparring -50kg
- Matteo Preys: male junior sparring -50kg
Coaches: Master Virginia Dionisi, Yves Pollefeyt, Andreea Musca, Erik Van Hoeck, Hans Van Lierde, Orchana De Corte, Nicolas Taylor.
Referees: Eddy Van Damme, Benito Martinez
Officials: GrandMaster Frank Vanberghen, Master Annick Van Driessche.
The 2020 European Championships will take place in Bratislava, Slovakia April 28th-May 3rd. The belgian team will be quite big again, we’re expecting a lot of nice things of the team members. Their names are known, just as most of the disciplines for which they’re selected. On the Belgian Championships of February 16th the last details have to be decided, as in 2 disciplines/categories there’re 3 potential candidates for 2 places.
Competitors selected for the national team 2020, for individual and/or team events: Andreea Musca, Erik Van Hoeck, Esther Meulemeester, Laura Mouret, Margaux Pollefeyt, Orchana De Corte, Hans Van Lierde, Leen Walraeve, Tabitha Van Lierde, Omar El Ferkhani, Corentin Besonhé, Nicolas Taylor, Arthur Delhaye, Jens Baetselier, Juan Martinez, Yang Yang, Matteo Preys.
Belgium will participate at several team events, besides the numerous individual disciplines: female team powerbreaking and teamtul, male team powerbreaking and sparring.
The AETF Umpire Committee made the selection for the 2020 umpires team. Eddy Van Damme and Benito Martinez were selected to be part of the tem for these European Championships.
GrandMaster Frank Vanberghen and Master Annick Van Driessche will travel to Bratislava as officials for Belgium.
Many thanks to the sponsors, Mighty Fist and FROS.
The coaches: Master Virginia Dionisi, Erik Van Hoeck, Yves Pollefeyt, Orchana De Corte, Hans Van Lierde and Nicolas Taylor.
The 2020 European Championships will take place in Bratislava, Slovakia in the period April 29th-May 3rd . In order to be able to make the selection for the Belgian team 2020 and to proceed in the preparations we need to know BEFORE DECEMBER 21st 2019 which competitors are interested in joining the team for this EC AND are able to travel to Bratislava during this period.
Please fill in the form and send it back to email@example.com before the requested date. You will be contacted shortly after.
The belgian team is leaving to Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia-Herzegovina, on Tuesday October 8th. The next day all teams have the weigh-in & accreditation, followed by the coach meeting and the umpire meeting. The competition is starting on Thusday October 10th with the official opening ceremony. In the morning already some belgian competitors have to show up in the ring: Arthur and Tabitha for tul I°degree, Roeland for tul II°degree and pre-arranged free sparring for Andreea & Leen. In the afternoon Roeland already has to present himself for special techniques, Leen and Laura both have their performances in tul I°degree and Andreea will compete in tul IV°-VI° degree.
Friday October 11th, in the afternoon: sparring -68kg, with Arthur and power breaking with Esther, while in the evening there’s the AETF Congress Meeting.
Saturday October 12th is a busy day: in the morning Belgium has power breaking with Tabitha, while Roeland is competing in sparring -70kg and Erik & Terence have sparring -78kg. In the afternoon: sparring -50kg with Andreea, sparring -85kg with Nicolas and Corentin, sparring -68kg with Laura and sparring -75kg with Esther. On Sunday October 13th the team events are going on. ITF-Belgium has a female senior team for power breaking (Andreea, Esther, Laura, Leen) and a male senior team for sparring (Erik, Roeland, Terence, Corentin, Nicolas).
We’re wishing all the competitors, but also the coaches, umpires (Eddy, Benito) and officials (GrandMaster Frank, Master Annick) the best of luck. Unfortunately Lisa and Hans injured themselves, but they will still accompagny the team (as coach resp. supporter), we’re happy they will join anyway and be of big help for their team mates. Many thanks also to the 7 supporters, they will be a big mental support to the belgian team.
Keep updated through this website, the Facebook page, Sportsdata (for all draws, results and the schedule).
Many thanks to the sponsors Mighty Fist and FROS. #mightyfist #mightyfisteurope #brandofchampions #fros