The 2021 European Championships will take place in Spain, La Nucia. Trials for the team will start in September 2020.Selection-system-for-the-EC-2021
ITF-Belgium and the belgian national team have some new coaches. After sending in their candidatures, they have been appointed by the board:
- Coach tul, teamtul, pre-arranged sparring: Master Virginia Dionisi
- Assistant-coach tul, teamtul, pre-arranged sparring: Andreea Musca
- Coach sparring: Erik Van Hoeck
- Assistant-coach sparring: Nicolas Taylor
- Assistant-coach power breaking: Hans Van Lierde
Congratulations to all of them. We’re sure they will do a great job.
Some positions are still vacant: coach and assistant-coach special techniques and coach power breaking. If you believe you could be an asset to the team, don’t hesitate to send your CV and motivational letter in within the next couple of weeks.
The coaches can start working towards the 2021 World and European Championships!
During the Belgian Championships on February 16th the last details on the selection of the national team 2020 were decided. Also a small change in the invitation made sure the selection for the EC in Bratislava, April 2020, was corrected.
The competitors that will represent Belgium during the European Championships;
- Andreea Musca: female senior tul IV°-VI° degree, sparring -50kg, pre-arranged free sparring, team tul, team power breaking
- Erik Van Hoeck: male senior sparring -78kg, team sparring
- Esther Meulemeester: female senior tul III° degree, sparring -75kg, power breaking, team tul, team power breaking
- Hans Van Lierde: male senior power breaking, team power breaking
- Laura Mouret: female senior tul II° degree, sparring -68kg, team tul, team power breaking
- Margaux Pollefeyt: female senior tul II° degree, power breaking
- Orchana De Corte: team tul
- Leen Walraeve: female senior tul I° degree, pre-arranged free sparring, team tul, team power breaking
- Corentin Besonhé: male senior sparring -78kg, team sparring
- Omar El Ferkhani: male senior sparring -63kg, team sparring, team power breaking
- Nicolas Taylor: male senior sparring -85kg, team sparring, team power breaking
- Juan Martinez: male senior tul I° degree, power breaking, team power breaking
- Yang Yang: male senior tul I° degree, sparring -85kg, team sparring, team power breaking
- Arthur Delhaye: male junior tul I° degree, sparring -68kg
- Tabitha Van Lierde: female junior tul I° degree, power breaking
- Jens Baetselier: male junior tul I° degree, sparring -50kg
- Matteo Preys: male junior sparring -50kg
Coaches: Master Virginia Dionisi, Yves Pollefeyt, Andreea Musca, Erik Van Hoeck, Hans Van Lierde, Orchana De Corte, Nicolas Taylor.
Referees: Eddy Van Damme, Benito Martinez
Officials: GrandMaster Frank Vanberghen, Master Annick Van Driessche.
The 2020 European Championships will take place in Bratislava, Slovakia April 28th-May 3rd. The belgian team will be quite big again, we’re expecting a lot of nice things of the team members. Their names are known, just as most of the disciplines for which they’re selected. On the Belgian Championships of February 16th the last details have to be decided, as in 2 disciplines/categories there’re 3 potential candidates for 2 places.
Competitors selected for the national team 2020, for individual and/or team events: Andreea Musca, Erik Van Hoeck, Esther Meulemeester, Laura Mouret, Margaux Pollefeyt, Orchana De Corte, Hans Van Lierde, Leen Walraeve, Tabitha Van Lierde, Omar El Ferkhani, Corentin Besonhé, Nicolas Taylor, Arthur Delhaye, Jens Baetselier, Juan Martinez, Yang Yang, Matteo Preys.
Belgium will participate at several team events, besides the numerous individual disciplines: female team powerbreaking and teamtul, male team powerbreaking and sparring.
The AETF Umpire Committee made the selection for the 2020 umpires team. Eddy Van Damme and Benito Martinez were selected to be part of the tem for these European Championships.
GrandMaster Frank Vanberghen and Master Annick Van Driessche will travel to Bratislava as officials for Belgium.
Many thanks to the sponsors, Mighty Fist and FROS.
The coaches: Master Virginia Dionisi, Erik Van Hoeck, Yves Pollefeyt, Orchana De Corte, Hans Van Lierde and Nicolas Taylor.