New ITF video:
The 11th ITF Harmony Course was held on 13th and 14th of October in Buccinasco (Milan area), Italy. The Harmony course is the specific program that ITF designed together with a team of professionals to teach Taekwon-Do to seniors. The Course was organized by FITAE (the Italian Federation), GM Bos and Master Saccomanno, and was conducted by Sabum Gastón Casero.
Participants from Italy, Norway, Switzerland, France and Belgium were present. There was a special guest from Scotland, 79 years old that practices Taekwon-Do in Spain and who came specially for the course. On Sunday there were also senior helpers that came to take part in an Harmony class. The course was well structured and theoretical sessions were alternated with practical ones. Participants also had the opportunity to discuss, share knowledge and ideas.
On Saturday evening there was a very nice banquet where we celebrated the course and the 25th years of the school of Master Saccomanno. It was emotional and fun as well.
I really recommend this course. In addition of the practical and technical part, it offers room to generate debate and to understand Taekwon-Do in a different way.
Results members ITF-Belgium:
- Matteo Preys: bronze tul youth I°degree
- Emile Osteux: gold sparring junior coloured belts
- Bo Wauters: bronze tul, silver sparring youth coloured belts
- Els Vernimmen: silver tul, silver sparring senior coloured belts
- Mohamed Souna Souley: bronze sparring, gold special techniques youth coloured belts
- Altan Rinchinov: silver tul, gold sparring junior coloured belts
- Rune Schuddinck: bronze tul, bronze sparring junior coloured belts
- Akshan Myumyunov: bronze tul senior I°degree
- Maximilien Boyens: silver tul senior coloured belts
Movie for the promotion of GrandMaster Frank, made by Hans Van Lierde and presented during the surprise banquet in Brussels, Friday October 5th: click here.
On Saturday September 29th during the World Cup in Sydney, Australia the pioneer of Belgium, Frank Vanberghen, was promoted to GrandMaster IX°degree. He is now the first and only GrandMaster in Belgium.
GM Vanberghen received his certificate on the stage during the closing ceremony from the ITF President GM Pablo Trajtenberg and the ITF Senior Vice-President GM Paul Weiler.
No need to say this is a very great honour for GM Vanberghen, but also for ITF-Belgium.